Pollen Viability and Seed Set
By using the Ampha Z32 Pollen Analyzer you can easily determine the viability of your pollen to ensure maximum pollen quality needed to achieve an optimum seed yield.
- Prevent losses by checking the pollen quality before pollination
- Increase seed yield and production efficiency
In a large scale customer research project with 12 different tomato varieties and over 800 plants, a clear and distinctive correlation between pollen viability and seet set was obtained for every line.
Determine the Optimal Time for Pollen Harvest
- Determine the best time to collect high quality pollen
- Optimize growth conditions for maximum viability
Pollen viability can vary considerably over time.
The target viability to achieve optimum seed set for the example tomato line shown in the illustration, should exceed 70% viability.
Using the batches of pollen with viability below 70% could lead to a reduced seed set. These batches could for example be mixed with high viability samples to reach optimum seed set.
Save Time and Money
- Save hours of lab time every day
- Improve accuracy and precision of your measurements
- Prevent human bias
What Our Customers Say
Dr. Ewa Shreepaathy, Rijk Zwaan Breeding B.V.
«Thanks to the expertise of Amphasys with pollen analysis, we were able to identify the minimum pollen quality required for optimum seed set for individual tomato lines.»