At Amphasys (“we” in this Policy), we aim to be open about how we collect and process any personal data about you, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Policy sets out how we will treat your personal data in compliance with the applicable laws, especially the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”) and, if applicable, European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as amended from time to time, collectively called “Regulations”.
Please read this Policy carefully and ensure that you understand it. We collect and process personal data about you, for example:
- when you contact us through a contact form on our website, via email, via telephone, social networks or in person;
- when you register for one of our newsletters, events, webinars, surveys;
- when you visit our website and social network accounts;
- when you give your contact details to one of our employees or representatives in digital format or not, for example your business card;
- when someone who knows you, for example your colleague, gives your contact details to one of our employees or representatives;
- when one of our employees or representatives identifies you as a relevant contact person, for example through publicly available information or a social networking site;
- when you enter into a commercial relationship with us as a supplier or make use of our services as a customer;
- when you apply for a job with us.
1 Data controller
The data controller responsible for the data processing described is Amphasys AG, Technopark Lucerne, Platz 4, CH-6039 Root D4, Switzerland.
We take the protection of personal data very seriously. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Examples include name, address, telephone/fax number and e-mail address.
2 Your rights
It is important for you to understand and be able to exercise your ‘data rights’ under the Regulations. Please note that legal conditions and exceptions apply to these rights. Consequently, we may refuse your request to exercise these rights if, for example, this would breach legal obligations such as data retention provisions. Your request may also be refused on the grounds of the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
2.1 Withdrawal of consent including marketing opt-out
You may withdraw consent for data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
You may also instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
Our contact details are above should you wish to exercise these important rights in written form.
2.2 Access to personal data
You may request confirmation or information about the processing of your personal data at any time as well as the transmission of the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
2.3 Changing or deletion data
You may instruct us to change any inaccurate data or to delete data that is no longer required for a specified purpose.
2.4 Retention of your data
Information relating to your financial transactions with us will be kept for the period required by relevant Swiss tax and revenue legislation.
Your personal profile and membership data will be retained whilst you continue to be active with us, and for up to 10 years following cessation of any activity.
In all other cases, we will erase or anonymize your data once it is no longer necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
3 What personal data do we collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) information that you provide to us for registering with us, for the business relationship between you and us and for subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters, including name, email, telephone number, location address, identifiers for other communication tools, company and job role and communication preferences;
(b) information relating to any transactions (history) carried out between you and us, including information relating to any purchases you make, or in relation to this website (cookies, details in the dedicated paragraph);
(c) and any other information that you choose to send to us.
4 How do we use your personal data
We may use your personal information to perform our obligations in our relationship, for example to
- improve your browsing experience by using your data to profile you and personalize the website;
- enable your use of the services and information available on the website;
- optimize our posts on our social media company pages;
- send to you information related about goods and services which are object of our business relationship;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- share information with business partners who may contact you about topical and relevant information;
- fulfil our contractual obligations;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- when you apply to one of our job applications, we process your personal data such as your contact details, qualifications and other information on your CV;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users;
- administer the website;
- comply with any legal duty imposed on us in connection with the rendering of our services and with the relationship with you.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Based on your actions on our website e. g. form completion, we will identify trading partners with whom we may share the personal data you have provided.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
(e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
7 Third party websites
8 International data transfers
We are a Swiss company, and we store and process your personal data in Switzerland. To process your personal data, we may use third-party software tools and forward your personal data to a third-party. Such third parties may be in other Countries outside of Switzerland and European Union, and in that case, we ensure that adequate protection is guaranteed in accordance with Swiss data protection legislation.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
9 Security of your personal information
We will take technical and organizational security measures to adequately prevent the loss, misuse, manipulation or alteration of your personal data. We continually improve this protection as technology changes.
Of course, it is essential to acknowledge that a degree of risk is inherent in the process of data transmission, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
If a personal data breach occurs and that breach is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedom, then we shall ensure that you and the competent data protection authorities are informed without delay.
10 Sale of the business
In the event that the business is sold or integrated into another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors, and to any potential purchaser’s advisors, and following completion of a sale would transfer to the new owners of the business.
11 Policy amendments
CH-6039 Root D4, Switzerland; January 17, 2024