Customer Research Story: Assessing the Viability and Quantity of Cannabis Sativa L. Pollen
Save the Date
14. September 2022, 3PM, CEST
Virtual Amphacademy 2022
Learn how the Ampha Z32 was used to evaluate the masculinization treatment of female plants.
The Working group “Cropping Systems and Modeling” at the University of Hohenheim, Germany, focuses on developing innovative methods and products along the entire cannabis value chain. This involves cultivation, harvesting and treatment technologies, as well as the improvement of cannabis genetics.
In this online session, Hamza Rafiq as part of the Hohenheim working group, will give insight in their recent projects and how pollen viability measurement helps them to improve their genetics. He will talk about:
- challenges of Cannabis breeding on feminized seeds
- masculinization of female plants using different chemicals
- the sampling of pollen in the greenhouse and the analysis using the Ampha Z32 outside of the lab
Key learning from this session:
- Know why it is important to analyze cannabis pollen
- Know how to analyze Cannabis pollen using the Ampha Z32
- Know how to use pollen information to speed up hemp breeding
Watch the Recording!
PhD Student at
Dr. Georg Röll